Everything You Need to Know About the Gatlinburg SkyLift Park
In 1954 the Gatlinburg SkyLift carried the first guests to the top of Crockett Mountain in the Smoky Mountains. Over the next 66 years taking a ride to the top became a tradition for generation after generation and continues to be a part of their time Gatlinburg today. However, since the grand opening of the new and improved Gatlinburg SkyLift Park in 2019 the fun and adventure that awaits is much different than in previous years. To help you plan your trip and make the most of your time, we’ve put together a guide to assist you in having the best experience possible!
Location and Accessibility
The Gatlinburg SkyLift Park is located at the top of Crockett Mountain and overlooks Gatlinburg. However, the only way to access the park at this time is to ride the SkyLift from downtown. The ticket booth and entry area is located on the corner of the Parkway and Maples Lane, near Sugarlands Distilling Company and Ripley’s Believe It or Not. It’s also important to note that once guests arrive at the top, they also must walk up stair steps to access the Gatlinburg SkyBridge section of the park. Strollers are also not permitted and the park recommends a child carrying device for infants. Service animals and pets are not allowed on the SkyLift as well due to safety requirements.
When To Visit
The park is open year-round and every day, except for Christmas Day. The hours vary each season and there is always a possibility that they may be closed for a period of time due to weather conditions. The views are incredible during every season and at all times of the day! Over the past year we’ve seen foggy days, snowy conditions, autumn foliage and the summertime greens and it’s all been absolutely beautiful!
4 Things to Know Before You Go
- You can purchase tickets online two or more days in advance of your arrival date to save time and money!
- If you’re visiting during a busy time in the area, arrive at the ticket booth before 9a.m to beat the crowds! Your ticket is good for the entire day! Head up early and take in the beauty of the morning and then return for dinner and drinks at the SkyCenter. Wrap up the night with watching the sunset while you kick back and relax on the SkyDeck or make your way across the SkyBridge.
- If you purchase your ticket between 8p.m. – 9p.m. you can enjoy the Gatlinburg SkyLift Park and nighttime views until 10p.m. and then return the following day at no extra cost.
- Take a minute to check out the park’s website to explore upcoming events as well as special packages that are offered at times.
4 Fun Facts
- The Gatlinburg SkyBridge is North America’s Longest Pedestrian Suspension Bridge. The bridge is 680 feet long and has a midpoint height of 140 feet. Guests pass over glass-floor panels as they make their way to the other side! It’s the perfect spot for a Smokies photo!
- The SkyLift Park offers up views of 14 peaks in the Smokies, including the 3 highest points. During your visit, see if you can spot Clingmans Dome, Mount Guyot and Mount LeConte!
- The SkyBridge has now become one of the top spots in the Smoky Mountains for marriage proposals!
- During the grand opening of the SkyBridge, the developers spoke of the very exciting plans that they have for the future of the Gatlinburg SkyLift Park and we certainly look forward to sharing the details with you as they’re revealed!
Are you ready to start planning a trip to the Smokies that’s filled with fun adventures like the Gatlinburg SkyLift Park?
We would love for you to be our guest during your time in the Smokies! Afterall, every great adventurer needs a basecamp! Our Guest Rooms are perfect for resting in between exploring the local attractions and the Great Smoky Mountains National Park! Guests receive a free downtown Gatlinburg parking pass upon request, free on property parking and we have all-day trolley passes available for $2. A daily complimentary breakfast is served as well as afternoon cookies and our outdoor fire pits are a favorite among guests. Our Amenities that include an indoor pool with hot tub and an outdoor seasonal pool, are perfect for providing you with a home away from home experience with a little extra relaxation mixed in!
Click Here to save on your stay with us and we hope to see you soon!